I've been really into two songs lately: Cloverton's Take Me Into the Beautiful and Gungors's Beautiful Things. So I have decided to do a Bible Study of the word beautiful and do it on my blog instead of in my prayer/Bible study notebook. I'll start with some of the lyrics of the two songs.
Take me into the mystery, gently lift me with Your grace
Make the chaos a chorus, with Yourself come fill this place
Cover me with Your mercy, come and cover me with love
Cover me so that all might see that it's You not me
It is You that I am singing of
Take me into the beautiful
Where the rivers flow
With a love that never ends
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful
lalalalalalala
Take me into the beautiful where the faces glow
With the lights that never dim
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful
Come on and take me again
A love that's brighter than diamonds when I'm with You
A love that always invites us to be with You
Your love is brighter than diamonds now that I'm with You
Take me into the beautiful
Where the rivers flow
With a love that never ends
Oh I wanna go to the beautiful
lalalalalalala
All this pain
I wonder if I'll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all
(Chorus)
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
In Matthew 3:2, Jesus healed the man crippled from birth at the gate called Beautiful.
Song of Solomon 7:1 How beautiful your sandaled feet, O prince's daughter...
Romans 10:15... As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" ...
Song of Solomon 4:1 How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. ... You are beautiful, my darling, beautiful beyond words. ...
Matthew 23:27 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you ...
... You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the
inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. ...
Genesis 29:17 Leah had weak eyes, but Rachel was lovely in form ...
Leah had weak eyes, but Rachel was lovely in form, and beautiful. ... There was no sparkle in Leah's eyes, but Rachel had a beautiful figure and a lovely face. ...
Psalm 48:2 Great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised, In the city of our God, in his holy mountain. 2 Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, The city of the great King.
Ecc 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Isaiah 4:2 In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel. ..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment