Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Woman of Leisure Day Two

Slept in til 8:45 this morning. Scott left for his class before 8. I drank my frappacino and put on my walking clothes and set out. I found a fantastic walking trail (will try to put up the picture) amongst the tall downtown buildings and a man made creek. It eventually led to a river walk and around a fancy pond. On a bridge above me, it said Welcome to Iowa so I literally walked to Iowa and back! I listened to Casting Crowns and worshipped as I walked. 70 degrees. I only saw a few people, some were homeless. Homeless people are surprised to be smiled at and greeted. I also checked out the flooding down by the river that they are madly pumping out.
I stopped by Patrick's market again on the way back to the Hotel and bought granola cereal and more Odelle juice and some muscle milk. When I got to the room, I ordered coffee from room service and a bowl and spoon and then ate right on the bed again. (I forgot to mention that Scott and I split a hotel burger and fries in the room yesterday for lunch). I showered and retrieved the car from valet parking (tips are going to add up quickly but I have a new valet buddy). I followed the directions from the checker at Patricks and found the mall all by myself! I went to Old Navy and bought nothing then went to American Eagle Outfitters in search of white jeans. They did not have my size but the next size up worked. They had a ton of summer shirts on sale so I bought three! I also got Scott an orange polo. We'll see if he wears it! Then I saw a Forever 21 and thought, I'm done shopping but Leah loves that store so I will check it out. Well, I couldn't believe it! I was immediately overwhelmed because I loved absolutely everything I saw! They have such colorful prints and tons of choices and they hang them by outfit. I would have bought and worn every single thing in the store! And the prices were so low! I was alternately drooling and fighting back tears--I'm not kidding! This was the garden of eden of clothing stores! I picked out a colorful skirt with black waistband and snaps (too small), a tube dress of flowy, colorful rayon (fits perfect), a thin, gauzy back print butterfly shirt that also fit perfectly, and a flowery summer sweetheart neckline strappy dress with a flowy skirt (fit well). I bought all three peices and only spent $60!
I then found a nail store with mani/pedi on special (cheaper than Walmart back home) and got the full treatment--chair massage, spa treatment, and beautiful nails--a plumy pink or pinkish plum color.
I went back to my favorite market and got a deli grilled ham and cheese, some fruit, and a fancy berry lemonade. I pulled up and dropped the car with my valet buddy and got out with all my mall purchases feeling like a wealthy woman. I tried to take a nap but I was too excited to blog all this so I changed into one of my new tops and walked back down to Old Market. I am sitting in a coffeeshop blogging at this very moment! Stay tuned for the rest of today and Woman of Leisure Day three tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment