Thursday, July 7, 2011

Woman of Leisure.....

This leisure thing gets old after awhile, but I am still having fun.

Scott got back to the room yesterday at 5:30 and had some emails to send, etc. so I got ready to go out. I wore my jeans and black lace tankini with the new butterfly shirt over the top. I looked great!:) We drove back to the mall and found PF Changs. I had never eaten there and it was a true treat. The atmosphere is plush. We started with fried green beans for an appetizer. Yummy! We only ate about a third before they brought our egg drop soup. Then I had mongolian beef. It was fantastic! I ate the whole thing and every drop of the brown rice. Forget the chopsticks. I was stuffed. I had forgetten that they included dessert in our meal for two so we chose the wall of china chocolate cake. It was half of an entire cake! So good! We walked around for awhile (Dick's Sporting Goods--I wanted one of everything in there) and then went to the movie to see Bridesmaids. Of course we had to get popcorn AND a coke icee. I felt like a giant bloated monster by the time we were done. I may never eat again. Got to bed late.

Today I got up at 9:15. I ordered a small carafe of coffee from room service totally forgetting I have some in the room I can make. What? Make it myself? I am a woman of leisure! But I did need some cream. If this room had a tiny fridge it would be perfect. I ate my breakfast granola and leftover juice from yesterday. Then I set out walking again. I stopped nearby the hotel at an upper end bathroom remodeling shop and got some ideas for the remodel. Then I walked about 10 blocks to Creighton University. I found the main walkway and went to a building that looked like it might have the bookstore. The campus was ok, not as pretty as K-State because the buildings are all different from each other and the walkway is boring and straight. A part of it did have some nice gardens and a fountain. USC is nicer too as is Bethel. The student center did not have the bookstore so I asked directions at an info desk then tried to follow them. He said go straight so I did but there were buildings in the way so I went around them. A long way. I asked two students and found out the building was back where I had orginally started! So I found the bookstore (about the size of Bethel's) and got stickers for our cars. Then I walked back to the Hotel. I walked a total of about an hour and half minus the 15 minutes I spend in the bathroom store.
Back at the hotel I grabbed my work out stuff and water and headed down to the fitness center. I did the stairstepper for 10 minutes then did some sit ups and an upper body workout for about half an hour.
Back at the room, I showered and drank a diet ginger ale from home and ate pretzel chips and cheese. Not much. Then I put on a dress and walked down to the Old Market in search of a coffee shop. I wasn't in the mood to blog or read or facebook so I shopped in a boutique and almost bought two shirts but decided I have spent waay to much money and didn't get them. I listened to some really good sidewalk musicians (guitar, singer, and cellist) and then came back to the hotel. I read and slept in bed wearing Scott's Creighton shirt all afternoon.
Scott got back from class and we set out for Old Market again. Scott is exhausted and was texting to catch up on stuff from home and wasn't terrific company but he tried. We did some window shopping in some very interesting shops including a novelty shop where we both bought journals. Cool. Then we found a restaurant where we could sit outide. I ordered fish and chips. Good and not too filling. We listened to another sidewalk musician and then came back to the hotel. They were serving cookies and milk in the lobby so we had to partake.
Two more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment