Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lots more leisure

Since I was getting bored, I decided to embrace the nothingness. Why fight it? My quiet time yesterday actually said that Satan can twist anything out to be negative not by changing your circumstances, but your attitude toward them, turning it to negative.
I got up in time for breakfast. I had oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, OJ, and coffee with milk and splenda and sat at a table with a white tablecloth in a courtyard outside. I got my Bible study stuff and my computer and my book and decided not to go try to find someplace, I just sat at the chairs and tables outside the hotel. It was quiet and there was a nice breeze and pretty flowers. I could even hear birds chirping amongst the high rise buildings. I also like people watching.
Just before lunchtime, I walked to Old Market and just browsed some of the interesting shops we'd missed-- a merantile, an outdoor decoration and fountain store, the Christian bookstore. Then I stopped by Patrick's Market and bought a turkey, cheese and fresh spinach sandwich, kettle chips, and a vitamin drink. I bought Scott a toothbrush and ibuprofen and a ginger ale for later. I went back to the chairs and read for a long while, then went to the room. I layed in the dark, cool room on down pillows all afternoon and read and napped.
Scott got back at 5:30 and I put on another of my new shirts with my new white jeans. We joined his classmates at the Spaghetti works. They were interesting people--all from different places with a variety of backgrounds. The whole group walked to a nearby bar but Scott and I got sidetracked on the way by gospel singers. We listened to them for quite a while and enjoyed them throughly. They had amazing, strong, loud, confident voices that blended together really well.
The bar had irish music and I felt somewhat awkward because I couldn't hear anyone to be able to have a conversation. We did meet some interesting classmates on the sidewalk outside, one who works in the foster care system in Oregon and they have an 84% success placement rate!
Today is catch up and pack up day. I do hope to catch up with Marie Larson today if possible. She is recovering from surgery so I have waited to call her.

No comments:

Post a Comment