Friday, August 5, 2011
Summer Summary
This summer has been a roller coaster ride and as usual, seems over way too soon. It started with a high--all the kids and Rob home for a week. The trip to see Leah stands out as a high. Hanging out with Adelle was in itself a roller coaster ride but had some great moments--like hanging out with her friends at the fair and her getting invited to youth group. Teaching water jog was also a roller coaster but I enjoyed it. My favorite class at the gym turned out to be circuit--it seemed I was busy to make it to step or fit ball too often. The trip to Omaha was relaxing and fun. And then the bottom of the roller coaster, losing Kevin. Words can't even describe how hard this was. I don't really need to explain because all of my readers (you, my family) were affected too. It was good to have Hannah home even if it was for this sad occasion. Having Joel home had its ups and downs too. It turns out I was adjusted to having a quiet, non messy house. I have enjoyed spending time with him but the mess and noise (double due to Zeb being glued to Joel) was not always fun. I'm sure I will miss all of it as soon as he goes back to school. I am looking forward to having Jon here. And then the remodel. So interesting. I am discovering that this is not at all like the shows on TV. There is a social protocol for having a house full of plumbers and contractors. You just go along with your life and sort of pretend they aren't here and they go along with thier work and pretend you aren't here. The first day I greeting them in my pj's with my hair sticking up but I am now get up and take my shower before they arrive. Then I have my quiet (ha!) time with them traipsing in and out and up and down the stairs carrying huge pipes and equipment. Its scary and exciting and strange. I can tell it is going to be a total roller coaster, too. They decided that they have to replace the entire large pipe that goes from the basement to the top of the house and also found that the roof is still leaking. But it is all going to be great! It takes a long time, too. A week just to get Joel's room done--the corner sheetrock repaired, sanded, then painted. Oh, I was supposed to be summarizing the summer. I think it will be quite awhile until I can go throughout my days without feeling so sad about Kevin. I can finally concentrate again. I can't imagine what it must be like for Shari and the kids, or for Joyce. Today I got the letters for going back to school. There are always such surprises! Since Woodrow Wilson isn't done with the construction, apparently the 5th and 6th graders will be at Eisenhower! I have so many questions about how that will work! I am supposed to be working on the Hidden Curriculum that I will be teaching with Traci for the kids in the autism program. I have a general idea what to teach. I am soooo not ready for school to start. I am excited for Scott's MCC season to start. He just asked me if we can have a once a week game night with food over here. Yes! Just not Friday nights! Its going to be fun! Well, Scott and I are heading to the movie soon--a last late night out. Summer is almost over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment