Its really going to happen! Finally! It doesn't feel real quite yet but we've met with the contractor, the bank appraiser is coming on Monday, and today I went to the custom wood cabinet shop and "picked out" vanity/closet cabinets and kitchen cabinets and counters. Tomorrow I look at tiles for the bathrooms and then I'm supposed to start thinking about harware, lighting and shopping for appliances. Its crazy overwhelming! Today I spent time organizing the bedroom upstairs for Joel to move into temporarily and then as soon as the bank appraiser goes through, I can start demolition upstairs! Here is the total plan:
Fix the rotten bay window in front.
Replace the front door insert, repair the front steps, and build a small portico over the front door.
Repair the sheetrock in Joel's room.
Completely gut and remodel the upstairs bathroom (except for the tub).
Remove the closets in the master bedrooms and replace the floors where the closets were. Repair the ceiling and walls of in there and replace the ceiling fan and light. Gut the bathroom and remove the wall between the bathroom and small bedroom. Add a double vanity, tile three quarters of the room including a walk in shower surrounded by glass and a free standing tub, and build a large closet with shelves and dressers, etc.
Gut the kitchen and replace everything! Remove the built in cabinet opening up the space and add a kitchen island. Remove the back door.
Either replace the patio and extend it and add a roof over it OR remove the walls and enlarge the whole room.
Refinish all the floors and replace all the lighting.
Yahoo! I can't wait to get started but I'm overwhelmed and a tad freaked out about the details--where will we put all the stuff from the rooms we are working on? How will we live? Will we pick all the right things? EEK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment