Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Letters from Adelle

The last two times I've picked up Adelle, she's written me a letter which she reads to me as soon as she gets in the car. Even though she has been pushing my limits lately, these letters are pretty cute.
This one was written on lined index cards:
Dear Ms. Clark: Nicki Minaj lost no. 1 in the eight-at-eight yesterday the same day Tim Cowlinshaw and Woody Paige were stopped cold. I like when I can do my twelve hobbies. If I do dance camp, I'm on the dance team. Sports--I'm out vellyball, basketball, and track this year. I can do volleyball and basketball at the DCC gym. The tennis clinic and Stagg Hill Golf club give me more to offer. I can do it all at once next summer--long as I add weight training to mix for a tug of war. Back to sports--If I'm into soccer and softball, that's fine next summer. According to some people, I can get lockers unstuck. Darby Price update--She wants to know if I can form a fan club and do girls club, which is nice. I helped her when she was hurt, and I wonder if she'll invite me over. Jackie Mac update--she hasn't won since June 29--a span of just one loss. She wins today, the Cowlinshaw and Paige woul do the same, and Nicki Minaj will get No. 1 back. I want a high GPA. The fair offers me a chance at the Idol and Fair Factor, and I have a good team. School activities--I had fun in Thespians, FCA, and Stuco, and will do the same in the variety show, Battle of the Bands, Art Club, Spanish Club, and I had fun in choir. Imagine doing volunteer work, right? Mentor news--can I work for it? I want to see if Darby can read my publications. See you in a bit, Adelle.
This one was written on the back of a peice of notebook paper--I couldn't read the other side. Dear Ms. Clark: Woody Paige won Friday, defeating JA Adande 2-0. Adande led 1-0, but lost his point in the final showdown. Both, along with Bonami Jones, scored 20, but Jackie Mac was limited to 19 and was out after Buy or Sell, so she would go on to never make a showdown this past week. I was watching TV at 4:00 Sunday. You know Around the Horn isn't on air on weekends. Something caught my eye, and there was...Nicki Minaj. A female rapper. I couldn't help but watch it all. When it was over, I thought, "This I could tell you about when we get together in a few days. Surely, I'd tell all my friends on Facebook and the E! Special. Here's what I'll upload for my friends: a video of Nicki Minaj performing "Super Bass." See you in a few days, Adelle. P.S. Can we see a movie or go swimming?

No comments:

Post a Comment