Joel is home for the summer and I am really enjoying his company. Today he was laying on the couch cuddling Rex and I told him he couldn't go back to LA, he just needs to complete his degree online and stay home. He said that isn't going to happen. I dread him going back knowing this is the last summer he'll be home, the last time he'll live at home, really. I have been mommying him extra this week because when I got home from Joplin, he was really sick. The poor kid laid in his bed in his dark room for 6 days! We took him to the doctor on Tuesday and it is bronchitis and he started on antibiotics. He's doing better today, he actually left the house for a few hours! He's been putting his face over water boiling on the stove with a towel to steam his lungs and try to get the rest of the crap out. My poor baby. My plan to deal with Joel going back to school this time is to fly out to see him mid semester.
Joel is easy going, easy to get along with, low maintainance. He hasn't always been, but is especially so after his return. I think he appreciates us more, certainly his mama, more. He talks to me more than he ever has. He jokes around with me and it makes me feel like I'm in with him (he used to joke more at my expense). Joel is really smart and plays a lot of video games while he's here. I like watching TV with him and going to Chipotle. I think he gets as excited as I do about Chipotle! I feel like Joel enjoys being around me, too. Rex loves Joel almost as much as he loves me! I like Joel's friends, too. I haven't seen a whole lot of them this summer as they all live in apartments now and Joel goes there to see them. Other than being sick this week, Joel hasn't spent tons of time at home this summer, but when he has, its been good, really good. I like how close the kids are, too, it was awesome the week they were all here. I really hope we get to go to Wyoming as a family to get more Hannah time and 5 time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment