Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Woman of Leisure Day One

Got up Tuesday morning and got showered and finished packing then watched Joyce Meyer as I always do. (I am behind so watch them taped). Today it was about enjoying life and not feeling guilty for not always doing something Spiritual or productive...based on John 10:10. How fitting as I leave for vacation to Omaha with Scott! Scott has a week long class and a hotel and asked me to tag along!
We pulled out of town at 8:45ish and the ride was fairly uneventful. We had a good talk but I also like our quiet time together. We listened to a new Christian group from Scott's ipod--I think it is New World Sun or something like that? I liked it.

We pulled into Omaha about 12:30. We are staying at the Magnolia Hotel in downtown Omaha--an older, elegant Hotel. We have to valet park! So we unpacked in room 435 and settled in. Scott changed and took off for Ceighton about a mile away in the hotel shuttle. I walked about 3 blocks to the Old Market area just to check it out. It is an area a bit larger than aggieville and maybe one slight step up from Aggieville comparable, I guess to Westport in KC. It has tons of restaurants and specialty shops and coffeeshops. I went into a Goodwill store and checked the pricetag of a purse--$28! In the goodwill store! This lets me know I probably won't be shopping here. I went into a retro thrift store and a boutique. I'm not really a boutique person, more of a mall person, actually, I prefer Target if you really want to know! It was hot and sticky and I was tired. I had on my standard summer uniform--gym shorts and a tshirt and I felt out of place so I went back to the hotel. I stopped at a tiny market and bought bottled frappacino, pretzel chips, odella fruit juice and fancy cheese. I love little downtown markets--Leah and I discovered them when we were in New York. They are sort of a cross between a health food store, deli and grocery.
Back in the hotel room, I put on a comfy nightgown, itunes, pulled the curtains shut, crawled under the down comforter, laid back on the down pillows, and napped and read all afternoon. It stormed out and I could hear the rain hitting the window. Lovely! Scott's class went until 7 so I estimate I read and napped 5 straight hours! I even snacked in bed!
Scott came back and we changed (I dressed up this time--new black polka dot skirt and black shirt and heels). We walked back down to Old Market and ate at Spaghetti Works. It wasn't the best meal I've eaten but we sat outside and that was very nice. We walked around awhile--I had to ditch my heels and walk barefoot then went back to the Hotel. We watch Rondo on demand and took turns falling asleep. It finally ended around midnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment