


I did it! I demolished the upstairs bathroom getting it ready to remodel. On Tuesday afternoon, I took off the shower surround and uncovered black mold. Tons of it! a It freaked me out and I wasn't masked so I sealed up the room and called it good. On Wednesday, I put on a mask, opened the window and removed as much of the yucky wallboard as I could until I had a headache. Last night I employed the Tom Sawyer method with Joel. He spent about 15 minutes and matched my two hours of labor easily. He loved it! "This is easy mom!." So with little cajoling and offer to pay him, he helped for about 1 1/2 hours today and we finished! Joel mostly pulled off the sheetrock and I scrubbed black mold, removed nails and toted the sheetrock out to the driveway. I also did the research on how to remove the toilet. And voila! Its done! I'll bet I burned some serious calories.
No comments:
Post a Comment