Saturday, June 15, 2013

Road trippin

The second half of yesterday was not fun, in fact, bordered on harrowing.  Just outside Goodland, the wind really kicked up.  Dust was blowing then we came into construction two lane traffic.  I was behind a semi and the wind was blowing so strongly that the truck seemed like it was driving sideways.  There were semis going the other way facing me, also.  I pulled off at a rest stop but there were only truckers there so I was afraid to get out of the car.  I tried to nap in the back seat until the car stopped rocking so badly in the wind.  When I set out again, there was less traffic and a bit less wind.  I did drive through rain on and off but it didn't get the roads crazy wet and there were not many cars.  

It was clear before I got to Denver.  I was pretty tired but the motels I saw were in a sketchy part of town then I was downtown.  The next hotels looked super expensive.  I missed a couple of cheap hotels and the next thing I knew, I was out of Denver and starting up into the mountains.  So I turned around.  I was too tired to get my app to work so I stopped at two hotels that were two expensive, $119 and $94 then one that didn't have a room.  The guy there helped me call Motel 6 and gave me directions.  

I had a little trouble unwinding to fall asleep after so,e caffeine consumed yesterday but did finally sleep.  

All in all day one I went 500 miles!  

Pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment