Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Home

Yesterday I got up and had quiet time on the porch with Cheerios and iced coffee and was joined by Joel.  We showered up then took off for campus as he had to work.  I hung out in the coffee shop, oh, I blogged from there, and then I walked to the bookstore.  I bought Scott a coffee mug and Dad a putter cover then went back to the library.  Joel came out and said he could get off work early,  this gave us time to walk over to a market area for lunch.  We walked under the freeway to a part of LA I hadn't been in before. It felt like a foreign country.  And I was starting to feel sad about leaving Joel.
We decided to eat Thai food because the Mexican was just a bit too authentic And the other choice was burgers.  We ate and Joel,bought a Royals hat then walked the long way back to his house.  I packed and we eventually left for the airport.  Mike drove us in his car which was a huge relief because Joel is not ready for the freeway in his car and LAX can be crazy busy.  I hugged Joel hard, hugged Mike, then Joel said he got the last hug.  I went into the aiort and began my uneventful trip home through Phoenix.  It was good to see Scott and I talked all the way back to Manhattan.  The roads in Kansas are like driving on velvet compared to all the other states I drove in on my trip (6 by the way-- Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California).  
Today Scott is still,asleep and I feel lonely, tired, a bit disoriented, and happy to be home all at the same time.  I still feel like I'm with Joel, that I could just walk into his kitchen and eat my leftover Thai food or say hi to his friends.  I need to talk to him today and get settled in here.  And I need lots of sleep.  Off to teach water jog then go grocery shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment