Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mama

I finally got to see my Mama today!  Left at 10 this morning and drove through some rain (yuck) and had to pee horribly since I'm trying to flush my sinusus put.  Stopped twice.  Got there at noon and mom wanted to go out for lunch and dinner!  We went to Harbor Lights,  a Christian coffee shop and cafe and guess who we ran into!  Dave!  We ate a light lunch ( I had a sandwich, mom had a salad). Then we walked around an antique mall in downtown lv town.  Then we drove out to look at dave and Ronnie's new property then went to the house for a nap.  We chatted then went to the garage to look at cool trunks and some old pictures.  I took pictures because she said I can have a trunk but its hard to decide which one!  We then went to a church service planning meeting at the church.  I have to say a few things about that because it was pretty hilarious.  It was dave and mom and three other ladies.  They needed to plan the music, the hymns, all the details of the service.  They have so many private jokes and they so easily got off track that it was absolutely hilarious and amazing that they actually got the service planned on the allotted half hour!  Then Mama and I went out for dinner.  The Chinese place she wanted to go was closed so we went to a sleazy Chinese buffet.  What is it about buffets that attracts heavy people?  There were only a few people in there who were less than fifty pounds overweight.  I had to wonder what the skinny Chinese waitresses think about white all,of us are pigging out.  I ,myself, went back three times:).  It was good to spend time with Mom today.  I don't get up there near enough.  


No comments:

Post a Comment