Saturday, March 12, 2011
Fake Patty's Day
So I decided it was a beautiful day and I should walk to aggieville to see what is going on and have a cup of coffee. I am currently safely inside the coffeeshop and it is quiet and calm in here. Out on the streets, however, are swarms of young, drunk people dressed in green. They are celebrating what Manhattanites call "Fake Patty's Day", a celebration held today so that the KSU students can have their pre-spring break drunken frenzy. The local businesses love it, the local police and prevention folks hate it. On the way walking down here, I witnessed two, not one, groups of guys peeing between buildings. I wouldn't have looked at one but he spoke to me and I turned in time to look right at his rather large penis peeing. "I'm sorry," he said, and he continued to pee. I kept walking. Next was three young ladies in a heated argument and they were spewing F-bombs rapidly. I kept walking. As I got closer to the coffee shop, I passed few people who could walk a straight line. An alley was quite full of people and there was a police car with lights flashing. I got inside quickly. The kids in here seem quite sober, thankfully, even the ones coming in for refuge from the party outside. It is a gorgeous day for it, though, sunny and warm enough. Warm enough to sit outside in the sun, if one were feeling brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment