Sunday, February 27, 2011

A quiet weekend and Adelle

Not feeling good. Fighting something off but winning! Yesterday I spent 5 hours working on the kids' taxes and fafsas' in the cold basement. Today I rested all day but decided to take Adelle out for a quick ice cream. She was apparently quite pleased as she came bounding out of the house, down the stairs and into the car. She chatted on to me about her favorite show, Around the Horn (apparently she has no one else to talk to about the show because they don't know what she's talking about). She said Jackie Mac kicked butt and Jay Mariotti kept getting docked points for saying things that weren't NBA related. Cracks me up. Adelle told me she has track try outs tomorrow after school. She said she plans to make varsity and go on to the olympics. She asked me how my friend, Jess, is and was delighted when I asked how her friend, Darby, is. Adelle downed two large ice cream cups in the time it took me to eat a mini blizzard then she was ready to go home. Just before I dropped her off I said we should go do something fun next weekend. She suggested swimming. I said no, too cold for that so she said, "We should fly to Boston!" So I told her to go on in the house and tell her mom we'd be flying to Boston next weekend. Ha Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment