Saturday, March 12, 2011

Food Issues

I finally felt like I got a handle on this food/exercise/cholesterol problem and my weight was slowly sliding back down, when my stupid back started hurting again. I have been to the chiropractor weekly for about three weeks and I finally asked, "What the heck is going on?" I would feel tons better after an adjustment and no pain at work then it hurt during and after work outs. I see tons of people my age and older in my classes--why can't I do it consistently without constant aches and pains? (My elbow tendon-itis is flaring again too, but I did enjoy about two months pain free after my arches healed). The chiropractor said I have a bulging disk. He wants me to lay off exercise altogether for a week. Crap! A week! The thought of further reducing my caloric intake so I can at least maintain and not gain this week causes me anxiety. If that isn't enough to say, "This person has food issues," I don't know what is. So Thursday I at treats at work, Friday lunch was a mexican meal the female teachers made for the guys, then Friday night Scott and I went to Kite's in JC after his soccer practice with the Meadows. Scott ordered trout, rice and veggies. Huh! I ordered a cheeseburger and curly fries and ate every blessed bite. I am doing better today, though. Since I am not a salad fan, I "diet" by eating high fiber, high protein, healthy stick to your ribs food. I got up this morning and drank my coffee with sugar free creamer. Then when I got hungry, about 9:30, I ate kashi cereal with blueberries and almond milk and had some light mango pineapple juice. After cleaning and grocery shopping, I had a grilled natural peanut butter sandwich (grilled with butter flavor Pam) on multi grain 45 calorie bread, pretzel chips, skim milk and one dark chocolate almond dove candy. It is now 4:30 and I am drinking a sugar free, soy latte. I also ate a 100 calorie pack of dark chocolate covered soy nuts. I really want chipotle for dinner so I may grab one to take home with me after I finish up here. The bowl I get is 660 calories so that means that is all I should eat today. Except maybe some fruit. I can do this! Maybe I'll ice my back and then take the doggies for a walk later, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment