Saturday, March 12, 2011

School Social Work Week

This week was school social work week. On Monday, I made cookies for everyone and left them in the lounge with a letter about school social work from KSSWA. On Thursday, my office buddies brought "healthy" treats and sang to me, presented me with a hat that had paper feathers in it that the kids had written nice things on. Ann wrote me a nice card and gave me a cool plant. And Nancy wrote (adapted)me with the absolute most fabulous poem. Here it is:
Dr. Seussish
Ode to a School Social Worker

I love my job, I love the pay! 
I love it more and more each day.
I love the kids; they are the best! 
I love the teachers and all the rest.

I love the parents and all they say, 
I love the stress that comes each day!
I love the noise of my lunch bunches,
I’m so grateful when there are no punches.

Being a LSCSW is really swell, 
There's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work at EMS
I love the forms, the logs.. the mess.

Classroom observations, IEP’s and 504”s
Let’s try and document a little more!
For every problem- let’s make a group.
When kids come in, I get the scoop.

I love doing bullying prevention.
Schools are like a mean kids convention.
I love dress code and school transition,
With all I do- it’s a great position.

I'm happy to be here.  I am.  I am. 
I will say it again and again.
I love this work; I love these chores. 
I love the meetings…let’s have some more!

I love my job – I do! I do!
I love pain and misery too.
I’ve finally lost it - just today, 
It’s time to come and take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment