Saturday, March 12, 2011
Alone
My blog readers probably notice that I write blogs in waves. Nothing for weeks then 4 or 5 in a row. I have to be in a writing mood which generally occurs when I am alone for long periods of time and not tired. I think I have adjusted really well to the "empty nest" that is our house with the kids all away. Scott and I have been having fun hanging out. Then two weeks ago his soccer season started back up and we go literally all week saying one or two sentences to each other as our paths cross all week. We do have the weekends. Yesterday since I can't go to the gym, I had left work early and got my nap in, so I went with him to soccer practice. But he had neglected to tell me he was going to KC this weekend to see his buddies at the Big 12 tournament. I had planned to go see Leah today but she has a concert I'll go down for Tuesday night so I didn't want to drive twice that close together, AND Scott took the car to KC. At $3.50 a gallon, I don't think I'll drive the truck to Newton. So after experiencing some lonliness this last week, I'm alone for the weekend. So far, so good today. Am actually enjoying myself. But for some strange reason, no one is returning my texts today. Doing whatever you want is overrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment