Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Leah and the orchestra

I am writing today for two reasons: one, my fans have requested that I write more often. Tee-hee. Two, I did something interesting yesterday, I visited Leah. Usually I have such a regular, boring life there is little to tell about.
Yesterday I took the afternoon off work and drove to Newton to visit Leah at Bethel! I drove the truck and took Professor with me as she loves to see him. It was a beautiful, sunny day and I did lots of good singing on the way. I got there while she was still in class! I was going to be brave and just show up at her class but I checkened out and called her. It was a four hour class so she left after 3 hours (I guess it was ok, it was an art class and she can finish up another time). We went up to the mod and talked to her roommate for awhile and looked for an outfit for Leah to wear to the concert that night. Then we got David and went for coffee at the coffeeshop where Leah works on campus, Mojo's. We sat outside in the beautiful, cool sunshine and chatted while we sipped our coffee. (David had a smoothie cause he isn't a coffee drinker.). When we decided to go for dinner, we got a text that Larry and Joanna were coming the the concert so we met up with them and we all went to Chang's for chinese food! I had sweet and sour chicken, yummy, and they all had fried rice (chicken or shrimp). Professor hung out in the truck. That was better than 8 hours in the kennel at home. Leah's concert was very good, as usual, but we were treated to she and Emma and two other girls in a quartet, also! Very impressive--we could tell they'd worked very hard on the two numbers. During the regular concert, a little girl was watching very closely and imitating the conductor. She was so graceful and good! I think there is conducting in her future. Went back to the mod for awhile then drove back to Manhattan at 9pm! I did make record time with virtually no traffic. I didn't sleep a wink last night, though, because apparently the coffee I ordered wasn't decaf after all! I love going to visit Leah at Bethel. Everyone there is so happy and friendly. It just seems so protected and safe and joyful and relaxed. A perfect place to go go college.

No comments:

Post a Comment