Monday, June 7, 2010

Mondays.
I love summer. I sleep until I’m rested. Now that I am done catching up on my sleep and also basically well from my walking pneumonia, I hope to wake up around 9 am daily. The cool thing is, I don’t set an alarm. I just think “I’d like to wake up around 9 am in the morning.” This morning I woke up at 9:28. I felt rested. Then I amble out to let the dogs out and make coffee in my pajamas. I get my usual breakfast together (I have mentioned this many times--vitamins, kasha cereal with skim milk, orange juice, and star bucks coffee brewed at home with sugar free hazelnut creamer. I am now using my insulated cup from Bluestem that matches Leah’s except that mine is pink (of course) and hers is yellow. I started this tradition to help the environment as hopefully we won’t need to run the dishwasher as often since it won’t be filled with random coffee cups. I use an insulated cup for my water too and have for years (my “bubba kegJ for which I have gotten endless teasing). (A side story about my bubba keg. A good friend of mine, Kathy, also uses a bubba keg. A few years ago, we went on a road trip to Cincinnati to see our friend Julie and we decided to take her a bubba keg as a gift. We stopped at every Walmart we saw to look for one. Do you have any idea how many Walmarts are along I-70 on the way to Cincinnati? Lot’s! And one eventually had a bubba keg but we also found lots of cool other items along the way….) . Anyway, I take my breakfast on a tray to the living room and turn on Joyce Meyer which I tivo so it is always available to watch. I watch it taking notes in my pink journal and then do my prayer journaling. I have certain days of the week that I pray for particular things so I can get it all in. Monday is family day--I pray for all my extended family members individually. When I’m done, usually about an hour later, I clean up the living room. Most days are filled with cleaning and organizing traded off with reading a few chapters at a time. My house gets clean and I feel rested and renewed. I have quite an extensive workout schedule also. Mondays are 4:45 fitball and 5:30 step class. Then I fix dinner and hang out with Scott. Today Leah and I ran to Walmart to get tubs and organized the upstairs bedroom. I am motivated to do the cleaning this week because my friend Julie is coming to stay with me Saturday through Monday. I am getting excited! At first I was worried because my house is dirty and old and embarrassing. But as it is getting cleaner and I look around, I realize there are many things I do like about this house. Its comfortable and eclectic and artsy. It expresses who we are as individuals. (However, we are NOT old and dirty and run down and in need of repair). I also love having Leah home. Joel too. Scott is on a 4 dayer and basically sleeps a lot and rambles around. He spends a lot of time on the phone talking about soccer. Today a guy came over and talked about the rotten front window and door so that is progress! He’s also getting ready for his girl’s off season summer tryouts and the guys season. In a bit, Keri will text me if she can go out for coffee. I am truly happy and relaxed and enjoying summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment