Thursday, June 3, 2010
happy birthday
It's 4 in the morning and I'm out in the living room trying to cough this crap out of my lungs without waking up the whole family. I had such a great birthday despite finding out I have walking pneumonia! I slept in, had leftover whole wheat blueberry pancakes for breakfast (yum) and went for a pedicure. I described it in detail for Scott so he can understand that it is waaaaay more than having your toes painted (I chose bright red). I think its the massage that's my favorite part. Pause to cough. I read some more (working through the Katherine Center list--finished Her by Laura Zigman yesterday--gave it a 4) and went to the grocery store. For some crazy reason, my family has decided to get on a vegetable kick. All but me, who will never, never, join that cause. The other night I steamed up the rest of the leftover broccoli from Joel's party and you might of thought I'd made candy the way they were munching it up. I've deprived them over the years. So then I went to my aerobics (step and floor) (yes even with pneumonia--I asked the doctor--he said it was ok!) and went to a new pilates class. I did have to leave that early because my coughing was disturbing the peace. Then I showered and put on a skirt and went with Scott, Leah and Joel to eat at the new Olive Garden and enjoyed myself very much. I even asked for whole wheat! I stuck to two bread sticks (oh my gosh, slathered in garlicky, wonderful, melt in your mouth, buttery). I ate only half of my entree. Joel filled up on soup and bread sticks so he ceremonially gave me the rest of his chicken alfredo for my birthday (to save and dole out to myself in small portions:). I really am going to stick to this diet and lose some pounds this summer. My goal (dare I say it) is 15 pounds. That will put me down about 30 pounds total from this time last year. Pause to cough oops and toot. I am ready to be thinner! And healthier. But I do so love to eat. I forgot to mention that earlier in the day I talked with Hanny Banny. I miss her so much that when we hung up, I cried. She was planting a garden. She'll b home in three weeks (for a week). All in all it was a fabulous birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment