I feel like this blog is missing something since I do a separate prayer journal. This isn't all of who I am nor is my spirituality separate from who I am. God is the reason that I like myself, that I enjoy my life. He is my peace, my identity, my security, my reason for hopefully, everything I do. Today I did a fruit check in. I asked myself how I'm doing in each of the fruits of the spirit. Actually, its not exactly how I'm doing, its how yielded I am to letting Him develop these fruits in me: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. I know that God helps me grow in each of these every day. That's my goal, my purpose. I have another list of "goals" that I work on. I'll include it here. Its pretty lofty, but that's where God comes in. I don't do it alone and I don't do it out of obligation--I do it out of love and gratitude for all He's done for me!
serve others
honor others
make the world better
be grateful
model Christ
fling seeds
respond to opportunities to share the gospel
seek my identity and security in Christ
think eternally, not selfishly
love by the Spirit, not by the flesh
overcome temptation
be versus do
relationship with the trinity
enjoy life, think positively, live passionately
live by faith, not by feelings
slow down, develop Spiritual senses
ask God to show me hearts, then what to do
notice people
stop seeking approval of others
be renewed daily--attitude
be filled to overflowing
put on the armor of God
seek God's face not His hand
be conscious of His presence all day
walk in love all day
be an adder,not a subtractor
lift, not lean
ask what am I doing to make someone's day better
I know that I'm not perfect and that I fall short of all of these but I don't live by condemnation, either! I just keep close to God and He works it out through me! It's a cooperation thing. I hope that you who know me and love me experience these things (and thus, God) through me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment