Saturday, March 1, 2014

This Week

Monday He is before all things, and in Him, all things hold together.  

Tuesday Love does no harm to a neighbor.  I had a really hard day at work.  I did so much social work I was worn out before 10am.  Crying people, mean people, an angry parent who fried me in a meeting, a lecture from a psychiatrist.....  Super hard day.  Then a lovely meal and Bible study with TRU Connect family.  And a half inch of snow.

Wednesday morning I needed an attitude adjustment and God gave me Phil 4:8 Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.  I reviewed all that is true and noble and right....in my life.  It really helped.  

On Wednesday night and Thursday morning I struggled with a huge lack of motivation and enthusiasm.  God said Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for The Lord, and not for human masters.... And my Bible study lesson was about God's plans and not our own.  Our plans will fail. It is God who does the work.  I really needed that for Homestead.

Thursday God also showed me that I am not as busy as I think I am.  I wanted to meet with Deb, needed to, but when I look at my calendar, I couldn't see when it could happen.  As soon as God showed me that, a clear and perfect time to meet opened up and we spent two hours together praying and talking about the trip and some tough Homestead stuff.  

On Friday morning God helped me get some perspective on some tough Homestead decisions.  I was my normal, peppy self.

I have been emptied and filled every day this week and was able to allow God to do so many great things for people through me.  I was able to model Christ in unique Diane fashion this week.  Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment