I don't really want to blog about this nor to be honest, did I really want to go. Today we visited Tuol Sleng genocide museum. This is where thousands of Cambodians were held, interrogated, and tortured under Pol Pot. It was intense and emotional. It struck me that it all occurred during my lifetime. People were killed simply because they were educated. And those responsible are still being tried.
We were able to read the stories of some of the survivors then when we came out, we met one. Number 22. Chun Mey.
It disturbed me that at the end display where there were skulls and bones, there was a Buddhist worship shrine.
We have sensed much darkness here. There are spirit shrines in all the businesses. It struck me that a culture who has experienced genocide would now allow sex trafficking. I am not judging because the US has done the same.
Later we ran across this beautiful prayer for Cambodia.
I cried as I prayed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment