We slept very well and got up at 8. We showered which felt amazing after our two day trip. Angela met us in the hotel restaurant for breakfast.
We chatted and ate omelettes and bread and fresh fruit and drank coffee and mango juice.
After breakfast we took a short tuk tuk ride to buy a SIM cell phone card and to exchange some money.
Phomn penh is similar in many ways to some of the cities I've been in,
Guatemala City, quayaquil, Mexican City, loud, crazy traffic. Lots of horns honking, people and vehicles. Here there are more motorcycles and tuk Tuks. We were amazed that there were not more sirens sounding. We saw children on motorcycles with their parents and even a woman with an infant on one shoulder driving her motorcycle with one hand.
We stopped by the Russian market where I immediately made two delightful purchases for myself even though I was looking for gifts for others.
While visiting, I asked Angela what she looked forward to most about our visit, hoping she'd give us insight into how we could bless her. She said what she'd really like most is to just have fun, to laugh and go do fun things and relax. When we told her that sounded perfect, she was touched. The work that Angela does here is very difficult. We are happy to just hang out, have fun, and just spend time with her in this amazing city. As Deb and I were discussing this later, we decided that we are, in fact, gifted in the area of fun!Deb and I spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool as Angela said that jet lag would hit and she also had something she needed to do. As I was laying there with the warm sun and the cool breeze and the sounds of the city far below, I shut my eyes and God seemed to be saying, "Just rest in Me." I realized that maybe having fun, hanging out and relaxing is exactly what Deb and I need to. As a Pastor and a social worker and our work with Homestead, we both tend to burn the candle at both ends. It's good for us, too, to take time to rest in Him.




Looks very nice! Less worried about you ladies :-) I like the word tuk tuk, kinda cool to say! Enjoy, relax and have fun! Love u!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are safe and having fun mom.
ReplyDelete