Deb spoke for a bit between each of the girls' videotaped testimonies. I am so familiar with their stories yet we cried like babies all the way through each one holding tightly onto each other. I felt so proud of them for their courage, their strength, their vulnerability to tell their stories, and the message of faith and hope that shined through each one. To see Christiana's teen daughters hear her testimony, and see her Dad there....was indescribable. Deb had Sandy stand for awhile and also me. When each girl got done with their turn, the whole congregation erupted in applause, which just made us cry harder. They have each worked so hard to get where they are today. It's like they've had layer after layer ripped off. Transformation is such emotionally hard work.
At the end, Dave just went up to the pulpit and started singing acapella, My chains are gone, I've been set free, my God my Saviour, has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercies rain, amazing love, amazing grace. We prayed, then the offering was a series of verses while the song, Beautiful Things played. It goes, You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of dust. You make beautiful things, You make beautiful things out of us. One of the verses was ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Revelation 21:4, 5 NIV)
I feel so honored and blessed to be used by God to help these girls along their journeys.

No comments:
Post a Comment