Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11

We had our bully prevention kick off day at Eisenhower today.  It was a huge success.  It wasn't lost on me that today is the anniversary of the tragedy that occurred on September 11, 12 years ago.  I have vivid memories of where I was and all that happened within the first few hours of that first plane hitting the tower.  I mostly remembered feeling numb and helpless.  How could there be so much hate in the world?  Today our focus was teaching the kids how to make their school and therefore world a little better by eradicating hate, by doing your part to stand up for each other and to treat one another with respect.  I can easily get overwhelmed by all the hate and evil in the world.  So I leave the big problems in God's hands and I do what I can, day in and day, out to try to make my tiny part of the world a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment