Then as soon as I stir, he jumps up onto my chest waiting for me to scratch his ears and tummy.
I let him out and give him a treat and put food and fresh water in his bowls then he sits next to me while I do my quiet time on the deck.
He gives himself a bath while I bathe.
He follows me around and sits within several feet of me wherever I sit.
He waits for me by the door whenever I go anywhere.
He does a happy dance when I get home, even if I'm only gone a few minutes.
(I'm still trying to figure out how to post the happy dance video here).
If Scott and I have a heated discussion, Rex gets up in my face. If it is storming out, he gets on my head. If I'm sick, he rests near me. If we walk in the park, he goes after any dogs that get near me. I actually don't enjoy that but I realize he's trying to protect me. I've been told he doesn't do that on walks if I'm not along.
Rex is a runner which I also don't enjoy but he is starting to learn to just go out and explore the fenced backyard without trying to escape.
Rex doesn't come when he is called so I wouldn't say he's smart or obedient but he does understand English. Scott likes to play "go get your baby" with him and harasses him by hiding it, tying the baby up high or tying it around Rex's neck.
Rex likes other family members but the only one he will pay much attention to when I'm home is Joel.









No comments:
Post a Comment