Saturday, July 20, 2013

Joel is home

We were planning on a week visit from Joel and last week, he texted and said he was on his way home early!  He and Zeb drove zeb's vehicle from California.  Joel said they planned to take their time, but I just felt he'd drive straight through.  I anticipated it would be late Tuesday evening and Scott guessed it would be in the middle of the night.  When I returned from an evening swim with Adelle, we pulled into the driveway and were on the front step when Joel came sauntering out from the side of the house!  He was exhausted and dirty from his travels and adventures.  It was so great to see him!

We've spent some good, quality time but I must admit, mostly it is me in the way of Scott and Joel's weird, deep political discussions and fantasy baseball trades and discussions.  They don't want to be interrupted to make, clarify, or firm up any plans including what and when we will eat.  We did manage to take a short trip to Lake Wabaunsee last night which was relaxing, enjoyable and foodtastic as usual.  Joel and I played two whole rounds of washer toss which was a lot of fun.  Joanna will put some pics up on her Facebook page and I will steal them and post them here.



I love spoiling Joel with food and cleaning up after him and doing his laundry.  Brings back memories.  He does disappear to spend time with friends periodically.  We got some pulled pork from Cox brothers we've been eating and I made chicken and noodles for him.  He sleeps a lot.  I will try to take some pictures but mostly when he's home, he is grubby and in various forms of half dressed.  I promise to enjoy his time here and not start anticipating missing him when he leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment