Friday, May 6, 2011
sick day
Sometimes when i push myself emotionally and mentally, my body says, "enough!" I started feeling this on wednesday. i blogged about all the emotions i was feeling with the end of the year stuff. I took the night off exercise and just took it easy. I got some prayer support. Thursday went fine at work and then I forgot scott had a game. I'd planned to work out then meet adelle and rose to figure out the track meet plans for saturday but ended up going to the game and talking to rose on the phone. I felt pooped. really pooped. People at work said I looked really tired. a three hour iep meeting didn't help any. and the crises keep rolling in at work. so i went to bed when I got home from the game. I knew my body was done. so I rolled around in bed deciding if I could call in sick to work. i decided i had to get up and take the dogs to the groomer then went to work for an hour. I made some calls that had to get made, took care of two new crises, one larger and one smaller, set up some things for monday, brought some paperwork home, handed off the rest of the crisis to nancy, greg, and marvin, got out of the iep meeting, went ahead and let the intern observe me doing all this so she didn't have to reschedule her observation, and came home. I'm still having trouble shutting down completely but I am working/ etc from bed and dozing in between. it means i won't get to go to chipotle or my friday night workout but i need to rest. Before I get up tomorrow and go to topeka and watch a track meet most of the day and then get adelle home. rest. rest. ok, im trying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment