Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Changes

End of the school year brings lots of emotions. I am feeling sad and happy and excited and stressed out all at the same time. I'm sad getting prepared to say goodbye to some great kids, kids I've worked with for two years now, some of whom are very special to me. I happy for Scott and all the exciting things he has going on in his life, retiring (official as of today) and the mcc team, grad school, but that's also pretty scary financially. I'm excited about summer and having free time and Joel being here (yahoo!) and teaching the water class. I'm stressed out about all the activities over the next few weeks and all the needy kids and things to do amidst all the meetings and craziness all day. There are not enough hours in the day and I am out of energy! All these emotions are wearing on me! Yesterday was Scott's birthday. He had his jc practice as usual so I hardly saw him but we had the mcc girls over to surprise him after. Today I had so much on my to do list, starting with fca before school (which is growing again!) then one hour to get stuff done before admin meeting. That gave me another to do list and lots of big things to think about plus other people's emotions to deal with. Then I left to go with the 8th grade resource kids to tour the 9th grade center and go to lunch. That is usally a positive, fun event that brings closure to me but it didn't feel that way and made me more stressed because it took up so much time! I got back and couldn't get a whole lot done before it was time for supervision! That got over and I got home, went to sleep (I feel like I'm fighting off a virus) and decided not to go work out. That gives me more time, and hopefully will help me fight off this whatever it is. It doesn't give me more energy and I feel fat. Oh well. Didn't eat much for dinner. I even ignored the beautiful weather and didn't go for a walk! Then I realized its my tv night! I love to watch Survivor and Americal Idol at the same time (dvr back and forth). That's the depths of desperation to which I have fallen, that tv helps me hang on.

No comments:

Post a Comment