Friday, July 23, 2010
Water Park
Today I picked up Adelle and went to the new water park. First she came out of the house and said she didn't want to go to the water park, she wanted to go to the fair. I sent her in to get her swimsuit on and I accidentally let the little dog out. Mom and sister went tearing after the dog. Not good. Adelle's mom said her Grandma is very ill and everyone was pretty stressed out. Adelle came out and got in the back seat, as usual, and gave me some quotes from Around the Horn. We talked about her Grandma and she said everyone is pretty upset. We got to the water park and there was a huge line. I was so impressed that this water park is in our little town. It was amazing! There was a pile of floating rings that you can use to float around in the lazy river that actually had a pretty strong current! In the middle was a huge bubble that you could climb and bounce on and jump or slide off. There was a lily pad part you could try to walk across and two cool baby pools with neat built in toys. There were lots of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas over them. There were two large water slides. Adelle went down one. I watched her smile all the way down but when she came over to me she said, "I'm done with that." There was a wave pool for boarding on and it looked nearly impossible. Adelle wanted to do it but I talked her out of it. There was also a huge pool with diving boards and laps for swimming. It had a shallower end and we got in. Thank God I had the floaty tube with me because it was too deep for Adelle and she would have drowned. I yanked her over to the side and told her to get out. After that I was pretty nervous. She kept getting away from me and I had to look and look to find her. After a snack, she finally played a long time in the lazy river. When we left, we went over to the free water park where the water shoots out of the ground in various, fun ways. I think Adelle enjoyed that more than anything else. Live and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
By the way, Shari, it would be worth a drive up here with the boys to go to the water park. They would love it! You'd never get them out of the wave pool and we could float in the lazy river the whole time:)
ReplyDelete