Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation

Went to Table Rock Lake and Branson, Missouri this weekend with Leah, Joel, my brother David and his wife Ronnie, his sons Jon, Ryan and Tim, Tim's wife, Hannah, and my Mom. We left Manhattan Friday morning and drove the two hours to Leavenworth to meet up with Mom, David and Ronnie and then followed them--they rode in the Lexus and we took our white car. The rest of the kids met us there later that night. I hade such a crazy headache driving! We stayed at Rock Lane Marina which is really a resort set up for people who have a boat. But they had a pool and we made good use of it! I stayed in a condo with Leah. We just took it easy and sat by the pool and tanned and chatted. Very enjoyable. Leah and I took a paddle boat out across the cove to an island and got out and swam in the lake one afternoon. The next afternoon we rented a boat but Leah and Mom and I only lasted an hour on the boat. Joel stayed and tried the wake board and got fried. Each night we showered up and went out the eat--the whole group at an italian restaurant the first night (yummy) and mom and Leah and I the second night (not so yummy food). We went to see the Beatles act the first night and the Chinese acrobats the scond night. Very enjoyable. All this on my generous mom's tab! Then yesterday we drove home--I drove all the way myself--6 1/2 hours! A very good, relaxing vacation. But its good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment