Saturday, January 6, 2018

Wait and See

I am in a time of waiting. My surgery is scheduled for this Thursday. Ifeel God's Presence and peace with me as I wait. I know it is all going to be ok. I've had time to process all of this, to wrap my head around it. There are times when I feel sadness. There are times when I feel it is all surreal. But mostly I feel peace. And love!  People are amazing!  I feel so incredibly loved and supported!  It is unreal!  Every day, several times a day, someone sends a message of encouragement or a gift or a hug.
So I wait and see. How much needs to be removed?  How will I tolerate the radiation?  How will I tolerate the tomixifen?  How much will be life be affected? I am hearing encouraging things about all of these.
In the meantime, God is with me. He assures me I will be fine, I will be healed. He grows me even in the midst of this. I am realizing now more than ever that people need each other. As I go through my day, I look around for others who maybe carrying burdens and I reach out as others have reached out to me.
And I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment