Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I'm so very done with all religion. And church. Yet I can't remember a time when I've been closer to Jesus. What? How does that make sense? How can I be done with church and be so very involved in mine? As I study Jesus, He was also done with religion and religious people. He was constantly calling them out. If He were here on earth in the flesh with us right now, I believe He'd be calling them out right now too. All judgement,shoulds, be like us, think like us, look like us, us and them. Such religion is based on fear. I lived that way for way too long. I felt Gods love and forgiveness, i was even fully submitted. I put God in a box and applied my human understanding of what I thought He wanted for me and for others. I thought it was my responsibility to save people. Get them in the circle with us so they won't perish! This is what was being preached to me from the pulpit, from godly people I loved. This is not the Jesus I know now. I know I still have such a limited view of Him. It's such a personal relationship, it's so hard to put into words. An analogy that I heard recently is that He's like the sun and we are like planets and stars surrounding Him, moving closer and away, all in different positions around Him. He draws us closer and as He does, all the stuff that isn't of Him is burned off. We reflect His light. When we move further away, we experience darkness. It is only our responsibility to be in His Presence and reflect His light. Love others as He loves us. That's it! That's all it is! So simple! So church becomes a place to encourage and love others. And to worship Him. To draw closer to Him with others. Nothing more. To hear encouragement. Acceptance. Because that is how He loves. He loves and accepts everyone. He longs for relationship with everyone. People don't pretend to be something they are not at my church. No masks. We struggle together and support each other and connect with each other. Yes, I still believe there is a Truth, a way to live that is best. But it isn't my job to figure out what that is, not for others, not even for me. As I walk with Him and learn about Him and become more like Him, I find freedom and peace and joy. I find confidence and strength. I find grace and mercy and so much love. His ways become easy. I feel no condemnation. When I sin, I recognize it. He speaks His Truth to me personally, gently, lovingly, and makes it so easy for me to accept His forgiveness and walk in His ways. I do believe His ways are best. Because I experience it. All the rest just burns away.

No comments:

Post a Comment