A couple of weeks later, I took Adelle to watch a friend be baptized. Adelle wanted to do it that day!
Then a few weeks ago, she went to church with us. She sang and worshipped and listened to every word. Then she said again she wanted to be baptized. So last weekend she went through the class with Pastor Dave after church. I went over the children's baptism pamphlet with her and asked her some questions and she seemed to really understand. We created a Facebook event and she invited some friends and family. Then on Sunday, she did it! I picked her up and we spent some time at the house, then we went out to the ceremony at Lake Elbo. I'd never been out there and it was really fun! Everyone brought food and we sat on picnic tables and worshipped. Pastor Dave and Sarah and the worship team sang some songs, Pastor Pat talked, then each person who was to be baptized said a sentence or two about why they wanted to be baptized. Adelle said she wanted to show her commitment to God. Some of the kids were really articulate and it was really sweet. Icing on the cake: Alexis did it too! Her brother, Jake, was getting baptized and I didn't know Alexis was! So cool!
I was worried about the actual logistics as Adelle doesn't like water on her face. She seemed really nervous before it but determined. Her friend Liz came and that helped a lot. Adelle's family didn't come due to the heat which was disappointing. When it was her turn, Adelle went out into the water quickly. Pastor Dave had said that I could help baptize her, such an honor! We got out there, got in place, and she did it! Everyone cheered!



No comments:
Post a Comment