Saturday, August 9, 2014

Wedding Itself

We got out to the land and everything came together.  I was stressed a bit but it was fun to welcome the guests in the tent as they arrived.  Then the time came.  We all met in the wedding party tent and Leah and David pinned corsages on Terri and I.  The wedding party went off toward the chairs and Leah and Scott and I were alone,for,a minute.  It was interesting dodging tall grass, cow hoof prints and cow patties to make our way over to the wedding.  My emotions were swirling.  I was mostly focused on not falling but I was also incredibly proud and honored to walk with Leah down the aisle.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined walking her down the aisle.  

I remember hugging David and then Leah and sitting down for the welcome then standing up for the blessing.  When Terri and Greg spoke, I started crying.  I don't remember details but I remember that their words were personal and meaningful.  Scott prayed and I squeezed his hand as he was nervous but did well and it was touching and he said all the right things.

The wedding words were amazing.  The reflection was perfect and captured Leah and David's personalities and the specialness of the wedding being on the prairie and on David's families' land.  The songs were also beautiful and made me cry.  I sobbed most of the way through the wedding although Joel kept laughing at me and that made me laugh.  Hannah's face was covered with tears the whole time.  I really sobbed when Ruth read the verse from Ephesians as it is the verse I pray for the kids often.  
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. (Ephesians 3:17-19 NLT)


The reception was really fun.  It was difficult to get quality time with the family and with all the special people who came.  Leah's grandparents all sat together, our bible study friends came, and Tracy, Marvin and Alexis and Jeff came.  Shari brought her family and Reggie and Micheala came.  Courtney and her kids were there.  And of course, Kathy was there.  Leah had a picture taken with her four moms, me, Terri, Kathy, and her Mojos boss and friend, Patty.



We ate and mingled and took pictures and spent a long time out of the beautiful patio overlooking the pond.  I had a great conversation with Ruth.  

After cleaning and packing up, we went back to the Flying W and stayed late.  I had a great time.  Leah's friends are so fun.  Hannah and Joel were in rare form.  I don't know when I have laughed so hard.  

I think some of the reason I felt so emotional all weekend is of course, being with Hannah and Joel because I miss them so much.  But also having the kids together and having Anna and Kathy there and thinking about all the amazing times we all had when the kids were growing up.  And thinking about how special David's family is and how Leah is joining that family and we are now a part of their family too.  They are truly amazing people.  It means so much to know Leah has a whole other family to support and love her.  And what great people Leah and David are.  I got to really know their friends better and see what a terrific life they have and will have.  And to really get to know David better and to truly see how very much he loves Leah.  He worked so hard and I know without a doubt he will take a amazing care of her.  

I still don't feel like I'm able to put into words all the emotions I experienced through this wedding weekend.  It was a precious time and I will savor these memories forever.  




No comments:

Post a Comment