Almost immediately, Loretta sent an email saying she has decided not to go, so it is now just Deb and myself.
We've been emailing with the missionary we are going to go see, Angela. So many details to work out including shots, tickets, lodging, insurance, support. The most interesting is that Angela sent some options of places to stay and we narrowed down several near to the ministry center. So I looked them up and they look amazing! We are going to book one that will allow us to share the pool with the staff at the center, to minister to them and give them a place to relax and unwind.
I've also started researching Cambodia, the history, geography, the people, the culture. We need to become familiar with the customs and mannerisms so we don't offend. I've never been anywhere but South and Central America when I've traveled so crossing the ocean, the International date line, and to SouthEast Asia is going to be an adventure!
Can't wait for the next steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment