Saturday, December 21, 2013

They Made It!

What a fiasco getting the kids home!  Weather and delays and people spending the night in airports.... But they made it safely and it all worked out perfectly! Scott do the picking up instead of me which turned out to be a blessing.  

 I got a tremendous amount of work done yesterday at work which makes me feel more settled and ready to enjoy this break and time with the family.  My focus this year is not to stress out at all about Christmas.  I usually stress out about gifts, cleaning, plans, decorating...all the details.  So far I haven't at all!  I made a bunch of scarves for all the women in my life (sorry if that spoils the surprise for those of you who haven't gotten them yet) and ordered some other small things, some of which haven't even come in yet!  I haven't done any shopping for he kids!  I haven't cleaned a whole lot and don't really know for sure when we will see some of the family! 
 I enjoyed the week at work, handed out the scarves without wrapping them and the girls seemed to really like them!  Elfie went around to various desks and offices which added to the festivity.


I enjoyed the lake Christmas last weekend immensely!  Love spending time with Season, and it was so awesome to see Shari.  Had fun with Aaron, good conversation with Ian, to see everyone, and to get an update on Morgan so we can pray for her.  And the girls loved the scarves!

And Hannah and Joel are home!  They were here when I zipped home from work.  I didn't do the ugly cry when I saw them!  Hannah and I took a nap and Joel went to see friends briefly so I went to the gym and then we all went to Chipotle!  It seems weird without Leah but she'll join us on Monday!  
We are waiting to check the weather to see if we can go to the Smith Christmas today!  






No comments:

Post a Comment