Right now I'm lying on about 6 down pillows in a nice hotel room in Kansas City. Scott had a soccer tournament and yesterday was my dad's birthday so we boarded the dogs for the first time and came on down! I felt silly packing an overnight bag for the dogs with their Chewies and food and toys and bedding. I included a shirt that I've worn so they don't get lonely for me. But from a doggie pint of view, I imagine they are enjoying themselves immensely. They have so many things to smell, new friends to make and they can bark their silly heads off all night if they want. It isn't cheap, though.
So scott dropped me off at Aberdeen and I thought that I'd be sitting around all day. But dad wanted to go out to eat right when I got there. We went to IHOP so two weekends in a row I got a one to one meal with a parent at IHOP! Jean was doing laundry and had already eaten breakfast. Then we took a short nap and went to the movie! We saw Flight which I gave a 2 out of 4 stars and dad didn't like. It was about a pilot who is an alcoholic.
We rested some more then dave and his whole family except Jon met us in the dining room and we had a birthday party for dad. We ha d lemon pie instead of cake because he really likes it. He's 84! We went back to the room and watched kstate. Beat Oklahoma state on tv. It was quite an exciting game.
This morning scott had to go coach early so I slept in. He brought me coffee and a scone for breakfast in bed! In a little while I am dropping him off at another soccer game and going back to Aberdeen-- this time to see my friend kathy who will be visiting her grandma! I haven't seen kathy in about two years! I also just talked to my sweet Leah on the phone-- it's been weeks! My kids are so busy!
I'm enjoying my little weekend get away but it will also be good to get home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment