Saturday, November 17, 2012

Low carb all the way

So I've done some reading and decided to cut way back on my carbs. This summer I ate 1200-1600. Calories a day and burned off between 600-1200 per day and stayed the same weight all summer. I felt pretty good and was in good shape but the belly fat remained. My PT told me about a low carb diet he is on and how he used to be heavy. I read the book he recommended and decided to cut out all the sugar and whit flour out of my diet and cut way back on carbs. I can't cut them out entirely. I try to eat only complex carbs and ones with high protein and high fiber. Right away I lost 9 pounds and they've stayed off. They seemed to come off the right places, too. And I'm not hungry. On cheat days and the next day , I gain 2 pounds mostly on bloat on my belly and then I'm starving all day. I just cut back the carbs again and the 2 pounds drop back off. It's pretty easy.
The details on what i eat: for breakfast either kashi cereal with blueberries or cream cheese pancakes. I can't seem to make myself eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. They make good snacks though. For snacks, I eat nuts and sometimes popcorn made with olive oil. Or peanut butter. For dinner we eat a lot of meat and veggies. I don't eat pasta or rice often and I use low carb tortillas. I don't eat crackers or chips of any kind. I love bacon for a treat or peanut butter and sugar free chocolate pudding. Today when Adelle had pizza and it looked so good, I made fried cheese. It sounds gross but it is really exactly what she was eating without the crust. Yummy! I love grilled steak. I do miss my potatoes so I eat them sometimes but I eat tons less of them. I like to make fried zucchini. I only crave carbs the day after I splurge so I never feel deprived. The book claims that my cholesterol will be great but I think I'll get it checked just in case. I miss milk though. For dairy, I eat carb smart yogurt.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll try that. I quit sugar for a long time but slowly worked back into it. It's easy to do. I'll try the no sugar again for a start. Julie

    ReplyDelete