Today started with two mad kids and an angry parent all having to do with holding kids accountable. Then two teachers whom we'd already said no to made us take extra kids to the parade with complicated instructions to coordinate. I guess younger people take last minute changes like that in stride but frankly, it just pissed me off. So my stress level was pretty high when I took roll and got all the kids on the bus. I was only supposed to be in charge of the band kids until we dropped off, then I'd help Angela with her kids and walk behind them in the parade. But due to changes in plans and poor planning, I ended up in charge of pep bands from two schools for over an hour. I felt like wrapping the snare drums and piccalo s around their heads. So then I was grouchy while walking in the parade in front of half of manhattan. I couldn't get into the spirit of the thing.
Then after school greg said he was going to go see the movie Argo. I think scott and I saw it but I couldn't remember! And this was after unopened my big mouth and said I'd seen it. I felt like an idiot that I couldn't remember it at all. Does that happen to other people or am I really getting Alzheimer's early? I watch a movie or read a book and two days later its just gone. Makes me feel really old.
Yesterday a teacher walked into the office and I was stretching my hip. Talk about feeling stupid and old.
Ok, I've vented, now time to put this day behind me and move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment