Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Not sure I can remember in order so I'll share the high lites. What a great break! 5 days off work to relax and spend with family. Leah came home and I loved it. We went to Chipotle, of course, and to the movie. We saw Life of Pi which was fabulous! We bought a giant bucket to reuse for buttered popcorn. Yipes.
On Thursday we went to Dave's in Atchison and spent time with the rents, and Dave's entire family. Leah and I held Baby Norah tons. She's such a precious little thing, so tiny and warm and cuddly. Dinner was most excellent. I enjoyed every part of the day. Most everyone picked up a stomach bug which is a huge bummer but so far scott and I haven't gotten it.
We bought a new bed. Scotty fell in love with the most expensive one there which was more than we wanted to spend but it is so luxurious and comfy! I can read on it and I sleep well on it, too, and my back feels great in the morning!
I worked out in class on Tuesday and squeezed in another workout on my own and ran a mile in 9:50 on the treadmill! I read a super long book, The Alienist, which was interesting, 4 stars.
Yesterday Julie came to Manhattan for the day and we went out to lunch at Longhorns with Jackie and TJ which was nice. Then last night we had Jon and 6 of his friends over for dinner and watched the USC game. I made salmon, my specialty. I like to cook for others especially when it is so appreciated. I love that Jon likes to come over. We used to love being the house the kids liked to come to. It's been way too quiet here. I like sharing this wonderful home, too.
Today I'll go to church and Leah heads back and I'll get Adelle for while.
So much to be Thankful for every single day of my life. I miss hannah and Joel but got to talk to them. And Joel and Leah will be home in two short weeks!
I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment