Saturday, October 13, 2012

Excellent Life

     Some might say I lead a boring life, but I think it's just right.  My job provides variety, fun, purpose, relationships, support.  This week was long but we used good teamwork and problem solving and I had some good counseling sessions with kids.  Made some progress and had some set backs.
     Thursday night I went to get my eye checked after school--the red spot and cyst are completely gone!  Then I took a nice nap and had my favorite snack:  olive oil popcorn made on the stove.  I ate this on the back porch without even a jacket on and played on my new ipad until time to leave for exercise class.  I went to my second intensity class this week taught by a little spit fire of a gal.  I had so much fun.  I'd eaten a total carb lunch (chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, milk--pretty much the exact opposite of my low carb diet) and I had so much energy it was ridiculous!  We did plyometrics--lots of hopping and jumping, then did upper body circuits with weights with a lap around the track in between each one.  The competetive me came out and I tried to outrun people and pass as many as possible every time.  At one point, I was telling the instructor about my age and she said, "I pray I'm in the shape you are when I'm your age."   Made my week!
     I came home and made dinner and ate it on the patio also then took a long soak in the soaker tub while reading a good book--The Well and the Mine by Gin Phillips.  I put my jammies on and crawled into bed to read at 8:30 and read until bedtime.
     Friday was a hard day at work--a meltdown and threat that required police intervention and a suicidal threat that required a search and some crisis intervention.  Wearing, I tell ya.  I got home earlyish though and took my nap, had my snack, then went out to Friday step class.  It was raining out so went to Chipotle and got our food to go.  Ate with the hubby and we decided to go to the grocery store together then go to the movie--we saw Argo.  It was pretty good.  Got home, put away the groceries and slept like a baby through the storms with my warm puppies curled up against me, one under the covers and one on top.
     Got up late this morning.  I love Saturdays with nothing to do!  I'm a little OCD so all week I'll see stuff that bothers me, like the dog collar on upside down or dirt inside the toilet bowl.  I ignore it all week so I can relax instead and then on Saturdays, I fix everything.  Its so satisfying!
     This morning, Scott even granted me three wishes but I quickly used them all up--carry the laundry basket down to the basement and put the recycling bin in the truck for me.... and stop blowing in my ear:)--he did this first thing while I was making coffee.
     Now I have Adelle and she is enjoying the heck out of my ipad while I do various fun things interspersed with cleaning, etc.  I have a few low carb recipes to try out today and also some phone calls to make to all my peeps.  And some more serious relaxing to do before the day is done.
     Isn't it an excellent life?

No comments:

Post a Comment