Sunday, April 1, 2012

This week

Most of this week was spent getting used to the real world after spending the previous week in paradise:). 6 am comes super early and then I was thrown right into the wonderful world of middle school with drugs and underage sex and drama, conflict, raging blow ups and tons of stupidity. For example, a new kid came to tell me someone tried to ask for drugs and while he was talking to me, a kid brought him his phone number and it was the kid! Right under my nose! And a new kid has the girls falling all over him and he is dating at least 6 girls at the same time so drama, drama, drama, except with one of my clients....I went to warn her and she said it was fine with her. Also at work, I'm gearing up for the retirement of Nancy with whom I have worked super closely for all 9 years... and Ann with whom I have worked more than 20 years, and Gayle, whom I will also miss. Too much change!
At home, the house is wonderful and I am feeling spoiled. We still have lots to paint but I can go soak in my tub when my muscles ache and I can walk around on my new shiny floors and go sit in our relaxing new room. We gave each other back rubs while lying on our new carpeting and we could put our faces right on the carpet with no bad odors! Friday night we had a team party here and the girls loved the house. The house worked really well and will only be better with the deck! This thing is rolling right along and I can see the actual end of it now! Only need the front door, the bedroom sheetrocked and painted, the bedroom and hall floors done and the deck (oh and the front portico and siding, etc) but that is it!
Yesterday I got Adelle and we washed the car and trimmed bushes, ran a few errands, and cooked burgers out.
Well, back to the painting since I have the sliding door off! Then I will reward myself with olive oil popcorn for dinner:). yum... Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I think I like the back rubs the best. :) Scott has been sending pictures. It looks beautiful. Love ya, Julie

    ReplyDelete