Friday, March 23, 2012

Last Day

Yesterday after the spa, we ate lunch, rested, then took a long walk on the beach in the light rain, Mom holding onto the umbrella in the wind sure she would completely melt in the rain or blow away in the wind, me enjoying every single moment. We walked to some dominican shops with pushy sales men. We looked at scarves and dresses, t shirts, paintings, jewelry and statues. We popped $40 on a dress and a scarf ($20 of my money) for mom because our bargaining wasn't so hot. At another shop, I picked out a wooden statue of two people kissing and mom picked out a cat statue. We talked him down to $20 for both and then I only had $15. He was angry but let me have my statue for $15. We got out of there and walked back along the beach to the hotel. We rested some more and then went to a late dinner at Gabi beach bar. It was fancy again, sauces and unrecognizable things and not enough light to eat it. I guess you go for the ambience which was beautiful and elegant. I think I've had my fill of fancy food. I did like the dessert, though, of course, chocolate tart and vanilla ice cream. Yum. We went up to the room early--8:30 and read in our beds until sleepy time. It rained all day and evening but that was ok--our skin probably didn't need more sun.
This morning it was still raining lightly when we got up so our plans to get our last beach and sun were shot. We ate our last breakfast in the open air restaurant then I went for a super long walk in the wind and clouds. Mom went back to the room. I decided to sit and nap in the wind and as I did, the sun came back out so I got another hour or so of sun on my legs and arms. It was delightful. Came back to the room for a bath and now we are waiting to go eat lunch (enough eating already!) and then our long, long, day of travel and waiting and travel and waiting. We will get to mom's about 1 am. Then off to get Rexie and home!

No comments:

Post a Comment