Thursday, March 22, 2012

spa thursday

Woke up this morning to hard rain. It is still lovely as much of the hotel is open air. We had breakfast then lounged and read on some splushy couches in the lobby. We called for a spa opening as mom kept after me to get a pedicure. I wouldn't have except diana from canada said the spa experience was amazing. I couldn't talk mom into it but she did tag along. This was an amazing experience. I think I'll smile all day long now. We got a carteria (a fancy golf cart) to take us along the brick roads lined with palm trees and rose bushes to the spa. We were introduced to my helper, her name started with a D. She showed me where to put my cover clothes ( I wore my swimsuit). She showed me to an outdoor shower where I showered and washed my hair, then she took me into a steam room. There were girls there when I first arrived then I sat alone. I could barely see, it was so wonderfully steamy. At one point she opened the door and threw some aroma water on the floor--eucalyptus. It smelled wonderful, not too strong. After 10 minutes or so she showed me to another shower, this one with a bucket to pull the chain. Cold water! Then she had me walk down into a hot pool and had me lean on a thing in the middle while she hot hard streams of hot water all over my back for about 2 minutes. Then she had me go to the other side where she did the same and then to a third side where a water stream that looked like glass poured over me. She had me get out and go to another pool and walk into it. A freezing plunge. She said to sit down. I could barley breathe and barely stood it so she had me get out and go back into the warm pool. My skin had prickly tingles all over it. She then had me walk over wet rocks, about 6 feet, three times. She rolled up mom's pant legs and had her do it, too. Then she led me to a sauna that didn't feel hot at first but warmed up. I was so incredibly relaxed at this point. Then she had me sit in a jacuzzi for about 10 minutes. I loved it. She brought me water to drink then took me to a changing room where she had me get out of my wet swimsuit and put on a robe and little slippers. She then took me for my pedicure. When I was done, she had mostly dried my swimsuit so I got dressed and she led us back out to our carteria to come back to the hotel. I am so glad I did this--I wonder if I will ever do anything like it again. We had lunch and now we are resting and hoping the sun will come back up. A lovely rainy, spa day in Punta Cana.

No comments:

Post a Comment