Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monday in Punta Cana

Breakfast at 9:30 in an open air cafeteria, bacon and eggs, cafe o lait, light ocean breeze blowing through, fresh squeezed orange juice.... Chatting, internet (made my scrabble moves). Then ocean and sun. Lovely. Mom was restless, in the sun she wanted shade, in the ocean she wanted pool, sitting she wanted to go, walking, she got tired. We decided she was tired still from the trip. Lunch in the market grill--a very american cheeseburger and fries--yum. Then mom went back to the room to rest and I sat by the pool. Read The Descendants--very, very good book. I started to feel the sun, so moved to a shady hut nearer the ocean. Went back to the room and took a nap while the maid tip toed around me. Then we came back out, got afternoon cocktails and played in the waves and laughed and laughed, letting the waves knock us down repeatedly. Fun. Then we showered and changed. I put on a sun shirt and white jeans. We tried to go to Gabi club for dinner but they had a private party. We were disoriented. We went to the asian restaurant and they gave us a hard time about not having reservations. We couldn't find an appetizer that we liked so we just had our entree--sweet and sour pork. We didn't linger, were tired so went to the room early again. We read late but I couldn't sleep for some reason so read til late. I was, believe it or not, a little homesick, well, missing Scott and wishing he were here....

No comments:

Post a Comment