Friday, January 27, 2012

Reno update

Well, it still seems like there is tons to do on this renovation but there has been a flurry of activity and lots getting accomplished. I will take you on a visual tour with words. The front step is not done and in fact, has now broken off so it is a hazard. The front door insert not done. The front outside of the window and the siding near the new window still not repaired. The floors not refinished. The new room is looking good--lots of progress--it is done on the outside--siding and roof and shingles and windows and doors. (Funny story to insert here--this morning at 7 am, still dark, I know that the new sliding door on the addition does not have a lock installed and that the back room has a bunch of the contractor's equipment in it. So I'm getting ready to leave for work and I hear a noise out in the addition. Then I hear footsteps! I freak out and run as fast as I can down the hall to Scott, who is sound asleep, and I throw open the door and whisper loudly, "There is someone in the new addition!" He calmly turns over and says, "Its the electrician." Geez. I about had a heart attack.) So also in the new room, the closet has been framed in. The electricity has been put in and the heating and air condition unit has been installed in the attic. This will be awesome and supply more heat to our bedroom and also more air conditioning to the rooms upstairs! A bummer side note, though, one of the electricians stepped through the attic floor so now the livingroom ceiling will have to be repaired. The openings for the french doors into the new room have been cut and prepared for the doors to be installed. I got to see one of the openings the other day (they put plyboard up at the end of the work days). It looks amazing! So the bank of windows from the back of the livingroom has been moved and installed to the back of the dining room. They look so fantastic! It makes the room really bright and open and makes it seem bigger! No new progress in the kitchen or in the bedroom although I did install more contact paper that looks like etched glass in the bathroom for privacy. As I mentioned in my last blog, we are removing the remaining old wall board in the dining room this weekend and possibly also move the bed upstairs and remove that wallboard too. The sheetrockers are coming next week! Scott got some carpet samples for the new room, too! This is coming together! It is going to be soooooo cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment