Friday, January 27, 2012

Hello Weekend!

Whew what a week! I've been insanely busy at work, then I've taken on more things outside school. I'm doing clinical supervision some afternoons and evenings for pay. I enjoy it but it does take up some free time. I am also on the advisory committee for Homestead which is a transition home we are opening for girls coming out of sex trafficking. I am helping put together the training for the mentors and staff. Its exciting work. I also had a special FCA event this week after school on Wednesday. Jon and his roommate led the worship and did awesome and 16 kids came! That was cool. Yesterday I got home from work and was supposed to text Kim to tell her if we could meet at my house for supervision and when I pulled around the corner, I just started laughing. There were trucks and vans parked all along both side of the street and contractors and electricians and workers streaming in and out of the house carrying ladders and stuff. So I went inside and they were cleaning up but there was a fine coating of dust over everything in the house! We were supposed to have people over in three hours for dinner! There was my crockpot bubbling away on the counter covered in dust. Scott took me aside in the living room and said, "I cleaned up most of it but see that plywood on the livingroom ceiling? One of the workers stepped through the attic floor and down into the livingroom. Insallation was everywhere!" I just laughed. Scott continued to clean while I met my friend for supervision at the coffeeshop. Jon and his friends came over and of course, didn't notice any mess. We had a good dinner with them.
So I am quite ready for this weekend. I haven't made a single plan although I have much to do--grocery, library, get Adelle, talk to my loved ones on the phone, move the bedroom upstairs, take down the rest of the sheetrock from the diningroom and maybe also the bedroom, a Homestead meeting, and Bible study. And I HAVE to work out both days-- by spare tire is starting to resemble a tractor tire. I worked out way too hard on Tuesday and could barely walk on Wednesday so took a couple days off:).
THANKFULLY Scott's stress level was way down--that is a huge answer to prayer and he was quite helpful this week--ran to the grocery one night, did some cleaning, helped with some of the construction, and took the trash and recycling to the curb this week! That rocked! I am looking forward to sleeping in. I need to go to the chiropractor and get my hair cut but I doubt I can get in to do that, too.
This blog entry isn't very interesting but so be it! That's my life! My job is really interesting so maybe I'll blog about it one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment